Best Homemade Keto Ice Cream Recipe is a sweet and creamy, four-ingredient, coconut flavored ice cream mixed with heavy cream, swerve confectioners sugar with shredded coconut for extra texture than frozen until hard. Tastes like Real Ice Cream!
Four Ingredient Coconut Keto Ice Cream
With only four ingredients to make this coconut ice cream, you will see how easy it is to make and taste within a short amount of time. Don’t let homemade ice cream scare you! It is simple to make with little ingredients. Making and preparing this ice cream is not hard! You don’t even need an ice cream maker to make this homemade ice cream recipe. It is that simple!
Simply mix together your four ingredients and then freeze in an airtight container or freezer pan. It is that simple and tastes just like ice cream. Your family will not know the difference! It is so good that I almost couldn’t stop. I knew it was going to be a keeper with the thick, rich scoops. This is a MUST try keto ice cream recipe that you will want to make over and over.
Is Ice Cream Keto Friendly?
No, not all ice cream is keto-friendly. Most ice creams are filled with sugar and high-fat creams that take away the keto aspect. There are a few brands that do make keto ice cream that can be sold at your local grocery store. This four-ingredient coconut keto ice cream is low cost and low calorie. It is a total win-win keto-friendly recipe.
What you need to make Coconut Ice Cream:
Only four ingredients for this homemade coconut keto ice cream recipe. I love how little the ingredients are and how simple it is to mix them all together. The end results are the best and will help make your keto diet plan even more fun with this quick and easy dessert!
- Coconut Milk: This is best if it is chilled in the refrigerator.
- Heavy Cream: Thickens and helps to harden the ice cream recipe as it is getting mixed together.
- Confectioners Sugar: Swerve is a low-fat, calorie-free sugar substitute.
- Coconut: Shredded and great flavoring and texture.
Tastes Like Real Ice Cream!
Simple ingredients with a quick and easy recipe that your family is going to love. I love how it all comes together so easily. You don’t even need an ice cream maker to make it. After mixing it all together add your homemade keto ice cream to a freezer pan and freeze for hours or even overnight. This dessert is one of my favorites and the best part is, it is good for you!
- Mix until creamy: In a KitchenAid stand mixer or using a hand mixer spoon the coconut milk in a large bowl leaving most of the liquid in the can. Beat until the mixture becomes very creamy about 2-3 minutes.
- Beat together forming peaks: In a separate bowl, beat the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Fold the coconut cream mixture into the heavy cream and add the confectioner’s sugar and coconut.
- Place in the freezer: Freeze until it is solid, 5 hours or overnight.
Tips for Making a Frozen Dessert:
These tips will help you make your ice cream recipe just the way you like it. With only four ingredients, it makes it simple to know just how to perfect your homemade keto ice cream recipe. Some of the tips do change the recipe and may change the ice cream to non-keto-friendly ice cream.
- Substitute coconut milk for almond milk for a sugar-free ice cream and lighter flavors.
- For a creamy ice cream whisk in 3 to 4 egg yolks and a teaspoon of the vanilla extract while mixing. This will give it a more custard base in the ice cream.
- Whole fat cream for a more creamy indulgent consistency.
- Adding in a couple of teaspoons of flavoring is always fun but be careful not to add in too much or it won’t freeze properly.
- If you are using an ice cream maker, freeze the bowl ahead of time before starting. This will help set your keto ice cream.
- While it is in the freezer, take it out and stir it together every 30 minutes to an hour for the first 2 to 3 hours. This helps to mix to together better as it is hardening.
- When ready to eat simply soften the ice cream by sitting out a few minutes before serving. Use a warm, wet ice cream scooper to scoop it out for an easier way to scoop.
Add-Ins and Variations:
There are always so many ideas and add-ins to make for any homemade ice cream. I am simple and just love a good ole ice cream waffle cone with my ice cream. My kids love to add in and mix more together.
Here are some ideas on what to do with your keto ice cream recipe. Just know that these will alter the keto-friendly recipe as well as add more sugar to the ice cream.
- Candy: Crush up candy bars or m and m’s.
- Fruit: Fresh berries, peaches, cherries, or bananas.
- Syrups: Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce or Hot Fudge
- Jams: Homemade Strawberry Freezer Jam
- Creamy Toppings: Peanut butter, Nutella, or cookie butter from Trader Joe’s.
- Chocolate Flavored Chips: Milk, dark or white chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, or mint chips.
- Cookies: Oreos, graham crackers, or homemade cookies are broken up.
- Nuts: Pecans, almonds, peanuts, or pralines.